Printable Scorecard (8.5 x 11) >> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Facilities Update – August 7, 2020
The Town of Canmore council recently passed a by-law mandating the wearing of masks in most indoor public settings, effective August 7, 2020. You can read the full details here >> https://canmore.ca/covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-canmore/actions-taken-by-the-town-of-canmore-during-covid-19
For golfers at the Canmore GCC, this means you are required to wear a mask when visiting the clubhouse, dining areas (including the patio), Administration Office and Pro Shop. Masks may be removed upon being seated for dining. At present, wearing of masks is not required while visiting outdoor spaces at the club; playing golf; using the practice areas; or taking lessons.
Masks and face coverings appropriate under this bylaw include non-medical masks, medical masks, or other face coverings such as a bandana or scarf, that securely covers the nose, mouth, and chin.
Please be respectful of non-public areas, including the sales counter and back shop area of the Pro Shop, clubhouse bar and private offices. Thanks to all for your understanding as we work through these unusual times.
Canmore Golf & Curling Club – Facilities update – July 1, 2020
We are now open for the 2020 season. Be mindful of the fact that we must operate in accordance with the direction of government and health authorities. For golf facilities In Alberta to remain open is contingent on full compliance with several new operational guidelines. Our primary objective will be to ensure that all activities are conducted in the safest manner possible for members, guests and staff.
Note that the guidelines listed herein are subject to change on short notice as the situation evolves.
- It is imperative that everyone works together to ensure safe physical distancing while on golf course property
- To support physical distancing on golf course property, we recommend a 30-minute pre-round arrival window
- Tee time reservations are available by phone (403-678-4785) or online at canmoregolf.net
- Cash payments will be accepted, however, contactless forms of payment are preferred
- Indoor gatherings of more than 50 people and outdoor gatherings of more than 100 people are not permitted
- Staff will monitor play on the course to ensure appropriate physical distancing practices are being upheld. Additional signage will be placed at pinch points where paths cross
- No water stations, ball washers, benches or rakes will be available on the course. Access to garbage receptacles is limited.
- Cups will be placed in a manner that allows hands-free ball retrieval. Do not touch the flagsticks
- Scorecards and pencils by request only. Please consider printing scorecards at home prior to arrival. Find a downloadable scorecard here: https://www.canmoregolf.net/covid-19-resources/
Tee time booking,
rates & fees
- Tee times can be booked as per normal booking
policies and procedures. 5-day advance booking for Members, 4 days for junior
members, 3 days for non-Members. Book online at canmoregolf.net; or by phoning
the Pro Shop at 403-678-4785
- Tee times will be set at 10-minute intervals
- Whenever possible, we will continue to book up
to 4 players per group
- Play by non-Members is permitted. Posted green
fee rates for non-Members will apply
Checking in for tee
- The Pro Shop is open for golfers to check in for their tee times, access the washroom and retail/rental services. To ensure appropriate physical distancing, attendance in the Pro Shop will be limited to 4 people at a time. For your own safety and that of the staff, observe the markings placed to ensure appropriate physical distancing.
- We will accept cash payments, however, payment by contactless means is preferred
- Use of power carts on a shared basis is permitted
- Power carts will be thoroughly sanitized after each use
- Rental clubs and rental pull carts will be available and sanitized after each use
After your round
- Return power carts, pull carts and sand bottles to their respective drop-off areas so they can be properly sanitized before their next use
- Empty all garbage and recycling from your pull or power carts
- Gathering in the parking lot after your round is not permitted
Use of practice areas
– general procedures
- The main tee on the driving range; the back tee of the driving range; and the short game area are available by appointment. Click the “Pro Shop” tab in the main menu to access driving range bookings; or call the Pro Shop at 403-678-4785
- Balls can be picked up at the Pro Shop.
- To ensure that baskets can be properly sanitized, place empty baskets in the designated drop-off area
- Every other stall is closed to ensure appropriate physical distancing
- Walk-up use of the range is not permitted at this time
- Sharing of stalls is not permitted at this time
- Maximum 2 stall booking per party
- There will be no tees on the mats – use of your own tees is permitted
- Bag stands will not be available
- Range balls and baskets will be sanitized prior to each use
- Please remain in the stall you have been assigned
- The back tee, practice holes and short game area are available for use by appointment
Use of driving range
to warm up for play
- The four mats nearest the Pro Shop will be set
aside for golfers warming up for play. It is not necessary to book a stall for
warm-up purposes. If the designated warm-up stalls are full, please exercise
patience and wait. As a courtesy to your fellow golfers, please limit warm-up
time to 10 minutes or less.
- The Pro Shop is open with access limited to 4 people at a time.
- Full retail services will be available
- Entering scores – scores can be entered at home on your own computer or by installing the Golf Canada app on your phone
- Sandtraps Restaurant is open for dine-in and take-out service
- Maximum 6 people per table. Please do not move tables or chairs
- Washrooms are open throughout the facility
- Showers are closed until further notice
- Concessions will be open subject to demand
- Golf instruction is available. Visit nonstopgolf.ca and canmoregolfacademy.ca for details
for Club Members
- Registrations for Open and Club tournaments are not being taken at this time
- Limited social events to a maximum of 50 people will be considered
- Shotgun starts will not be permitted until further notice
- Members are permitted to bring guests
Please understand that while these guidelines represent a
significant departure from the norm, we are proceeding in accordance with
direction from government, Alberta Health Services and the National Allied Golf
Association. They are in place to ensure
consistency across our industry and the health and safety of all involved.
Staff cannot and will not adjust these rules for any reason. Please direct your
constructive feedback, comments and suggestions to management.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we
navigate these challenging times. Enjoy your time on the course!